My first Mother's Day



Yesterday was Mother's Day.  It's a day to celebrate our mums, to tell them how much they mean to us and how we appreciate them. 

Last year I was pregnant with Shari.  It was my first Mother's Day, although no one except for my family and David's family knew I was pregnant.  I couldn't really celebrate it and although I was technically a mother because Shari was alive inside me, she hadn't been born!  

So that made this year my first Mother's Day with a child on the outside! 

It's funny really, a strange day.  Why do we need a day to celebrate mums?  Why can't we tell them all throughout the year how much we appreciate them?  I suppose we forget.  We're liable to let a long time go by without us letting our mothers know they are special to us.   So I suppose because of that, Mother's Day is a nice reminder to tell our mothers, hey, we love you. 

Motherhood is sacrifice.  It's not easy.  It's constantly giving up your own desires in order to raise the little ones in your care.  It's a hard task, although ever so rewarding. 

I didn't plan on being a mother at this time in my life.  But I'm so grateful to the Lord that he saw fit to bless me with a baby, who would stretch me and grow me and show me how much God loves me, as I seek to love my child and raise her well! 

In honour of yesterday being Mother's Day, here are some recent photos of the special little girl who made me a mother.  She's 5 months old now.




Go, have a lovely week, and make sure you tell your mother how much you appreciate her :)

Comments

  1. Oh, Bonnie...she is such a darling! What a sweet blessing to be the momma of this precious wee one! ♥
    Happy first Mother's Day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I trust you and your family are keeping well <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts